Welcome to the Home of the Guppies!
Usernames and passwords for the members only section are now all small letters!
We are the Guppies, an online chapter of Sisters in Crime. The name “Guppies” is an acronym for “The Great Unpublished.” Although the majority of our members start out as unpublished, many Guppies have changed that status by using the support and resources of the group to assist them in honing their craft and finding the right path for them to publication.
Once published, many Guppies remain members to pass along their knowledge and expertise, which has become a tradition.
We come from many different occupations, locations, and avocations, sharing experiences and enriching our larder of resources. We write crime short stories and novels in the mystery genre. Our subgenres include; cozy, traditional, police procedural, PI, paranormal, supernatural, humor, suspense, thriller and romance. Our common goal: to see our work in print.
The Guppy chapter of SinC offers authors support to improve their craft and marketing skills by:
- Sponsoring writing and promotion classes
- Providing critiquing opportunities
- Informing and educating through our bimonthly newsletter, the First Draft
- Sharing information on this website and at our Yahoo group website
- Providing smaller subgroups to assist in the publication process from brainstorming story ideas to obtaining an agent
- Sharing self-publishing and marketing experiences
- Assisting members to promote their work
- Creating publication opportunities through our anthologies.
Interested in Joining? Click Here.